Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Creamy Chicken & Pasta

Calling all pasta lovers....You will adore this. I found this in a magazine the other day and made it. It is scrumptious. Try it out!!

8 ounces penne
3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium-size zucchini, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
pinch nutmeg
Cook penne in boiling salted water for 12 min. Add carrots, broccoli and zucchini for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Add peas during last minute. Drain.
Measnwhile, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.(i cook my ckn on my geogre forman) then cut into peices. Add cream, cheese, the remaining salt and pepper and nutmeg to skillet. Boil for 2 minutes. Toss with pasta and vegtables

3 comments:

Jess said...

k Shan we just tried this tonight and LOVED it!! Brad wasn't huge on the zucchini but said I could still put it in as long as I didn't make him eat it :) but he says it's a keeper. Thanks!!

Trevor and Shanna said...

Jess,
I am so glad you tried it, it is yummy. The zucchini thing must be a clayson thing, trev wasn't too hot on it either. Love ya

Willie said...

I tried this tonight, but had to change it up a bit based on the ingredients I had on hand. It was really good!

I didn't have fresh carrots, broccoli, or zucchini -- but I did have a frozen bag of vegetables which I used part of instead. I also went without any nutmeg, and used grated Parmesan cheese instead of shredded.