Monday, May 5, 2008

Spinach-Artichoke Hummus

I saw this on Rachel Ray a long time ago and finally got around to trying it. I didn't put in the tahini because I couldn't find any at Winco, I only put half the garlic, and I used regular parmesean cheese. Brad laughed that it's definately chick food but my brother Mark liked it so.... there you go :D

1 can chickpeas (15 oz)
2 Tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove
juice of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 box chopped frozen spinach (10 oz) defrosted
1 can artichokes (15 oz) drained
1/4 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese

In food processor or blender combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground pepper, & EVOO and puree until smooth. Add the spinach, artichoke and cheese and pulse until everything is just barely combined.

Serve with cheese toast, crackers or veggies. Better after it sits a few hours.

No comments: