Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Vermicelli

This was yummy!! I didn't have vermicelli so I just used spaghetti and I didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried. I also used fresh, chopped and crushed tomatoes with tomato sauce. Don't you love how I always change and substitute stuff?

I got the recipe from delish.com.

Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Vermicelli


Ingredients





2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (one 16 oz can)
1/4 tsp dried red-pepper flakes
1/4 c water
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb med shrimp, shelled
3/4 lb vermicelli

Directions
  1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds longer. Stir in the tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, water, parsley and salt. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, covered, just until the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes.
  2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the vermicelli until just done, about 9 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce and shrimp.

No comments: