Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu with Brown Rice and Creamy Sauce

Wow!! I haven't made this in forever, but I whipped out the old recipe again and it was incredibly yummy, besides you know me, I can't pass up a great chicken and rice meal:) Trevor couldn't get enough of it.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 thin slices deli ham(we just use the ham that you would put on sandwhiches)
4 slices swiss cheese.
1/4 C. melted butter
1 box seasoned coating mix (like the shake and bake stuff, but I used great value brand, it worked great. You won't use all of the coating so plan to use about 1/2.

Flatten chicken, place ham and cheese down the center of each;roll up and secure with a toothpick. Brush each ckn breats with butter and then sprinkle on the coating mix on each side. Put in a pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 min.

I served ours over brown rice and a cream sauce made of 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/4 C. sour cream.

No comments: