Friday, April 4, 2008

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

These are my new fav!! Mom C. used to make them when the kids were growing up but hasn't made them since I met Brad so make them and let your family or self go down memory lane :)

1 3/4 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts (opt)
18 large marshmallows cut in half

Sift flour; sift again with soda, salt, and cocoa. Cream shortening; add sugar gradually. Add egg and beat well. Add flour mixture and milk alternately. Add nuts and vanilla. Bake at 350ยบ for 8 minutes. Top with 1/2 large marshmallow and cook 2 minutes more. Frost with chocolate frosting.

Note: We add half a bag of chocolate chips to the cookie mix at the end and omit the frosting. YUM!!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

These are the yummiest cookies! At least thats what I remember. Its been forever since I have had them. I just love the little bit of marshmallow when I was a kid.