Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mango Salsa

When I used this salsa on shrimp tacos they tasted just like Bajio's shrimp tacos to me...yum!!! If you don't like shrimp just cook up some chicken or just tortilla chips.

Mango Salsa

1 cup finely chopped pineapple
2 cups chopped mango, fresh or frozen (I just used the 4 mangoes from my Bountiful Basket)
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (be sure to avoid touching your face/eyes)
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed (I put the whole can in and it seemed fine)
2 Tbls lime juice
1/4 c finely chopped cilantro

Mix all ingredients. Let them all marinade together for at least an hour in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.

Does anyone know if mangoes are available for purchase in our stores here? I've never noticed them.

No comments: