Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sweet and Sour Pork

Cubed pork - 30 to 35 pieces (I buy the pork roast and just cube that - it's much cheaper)

2 T. cornstarch
1 egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soy sauce

Mix above together, and add the pork. Soak in the fridge for at least an hour.

Then roll meat in fine cracker crumbs. Deep fry until golden brown. You can use chicken instead.

Sweet and Sour Sauce

1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. white vinegar
1/4 C. ketchup
1/4 C. water
pinch of salt
2 dashes of Tabasco (I usually omit this)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Boil together, then thicken with. . .

1 T. cornstarch
2 T. water

Stir together and mix with above mixture.

I know it has vinegar, but Chad enjoys this. I don't mix the cooked meat in with the sauce, I serve it on the side. It is really easy, and you will love it.

No comments: