Saturday, September 15, 2007

Upside Down Pizza

OK girls, my poor family is a bunch of guinea pigs, but this week was a success. They liked both new recipes that I tried. This one was really simple, and really good. Try it, and let me know what you think.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 jar pizza sauce
1 can mushrooms
1 can olives, cut up
any other pizza topping you might like
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls (I did it with one, but I thought the crust wasn't thick enough. Next time I might try it with two.


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Once browned, drain fat and stir in pizza sauce.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of sauce. Top with 1/2 of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, another layer of sauce and the rest of the cheese. Top with crescent rolls, pinching seams together.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.

No comments: