Friday, October 19, 2007

Success!!!

So, I made the chicken enchiladas last night for dinner group and they were a hit. My friend Jeff couldn't get enough of them. He was funny because he took a couple of bites and then said- and I quote "These are the best enchiladas I have ever had." I thought he was teasing so I said something like "Yeah right you are just saying that" and he said "no, really, I don't like chicken enchiladas but I really liked these." and then continued to eat them until the whole complete 9X13 pan was gone. I was surprised.

I did modify the recipe some. Like Jess said, its a recipe for a huge batch of enchiladas, so I used about 2 1/2 cups of chicken, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, an 8 oz carton of sour cream, I didn't have any fresh onion so I added dried onion, about a cup of cheese and then I added my secret ingredient-- diced tomatoes and green chilies. You can buy them in a 10 oz can but I only used about 1/2 of the can or it would have been way to spicy. Anyway I made up 10 tortillas and they were all completely gone. Thanks Jess for the recipe!!! Which one should I try next?

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're doing dinner group again... how fun to experiment on new people :) I'm glad the enchiladas turned out good. What a good idea to put tomatoes in them!